Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Why is it that in the past, at the end of a day, I have this empty feeling about finishing all this work that need immediate attention (changing a worn tire, deposit some money on the account that has run low, paying bills, repair a water leak,etc..) and still have this inner feeling that I have not really done something important like call a doctor specializing in treating high sugar levels in my blood or start a more aggresive exercise regimen. How do I keep myself always aware that as much as I need to take care of urgent things, I also need to take care of things that are really important in my life; and at the same time easily identify the subtle differences between urgent(not important) and important(but not urgent).
This morning, what I did was to separate the things that are important knowing that doing so will prevent a lot of things from becoming urgent. I am about to ride the treadmill and later schedule a doctor's check-up.

No comments: