Friday, July 22, 2005

I just called my dad who is nicely recovering from a very bad fall. Instead of talking about his recovery, he starts telling me about his disappointments with other people and wishes them to reform or change for the better. I told him that sometime ago, I quit trying to change people's ways, and when I did, it opened up an entirely new dimension of looking at myself and how i could change my bad habits (I quit drinking coffee because it was affecting my sleep. I don't crave anymore but my sleeping pattern is still the same). I realize now that what kept me from winning this battle sooner was my incessant attitude of trying to help other people quit their bad habits. I realized too, that whenever I get this irresistable urge to correct somebody about something, I ALWAYS ALL THE TIME find that same thing in me.

No comments: