Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I was having the roof of my office building repaired, primarily to replace these very old problematic interior (Yankee) gutters. The roofer replaced everything except the old gutters. For a second I got mad at the roofer, because I know that before starting, I repeatedly told him that the main purpose of this job was to replace these gutters with regular exposed gutters. But I got mad only for a second. I was trying to figure out this gut feeling that I shouldnt be mad at him. Everyone that I was relating the story to, was getting me more to get mad at the roofer. With some dicipline I was preventing myself from getting mad at him. I just realized this evening that I should be getting mad at the lack of effective COMMUNICATION. By not learning this sooner, no wonder I had so many similar experiences in the past.

No comments: