Tuesday, August 16, 2005

How do I talk to myself? Last Sunday I got a ticket for speeding. I now look back at around that time that I was speeding what was in my mind and how I was communicating it to myself. I analyzed it this way : I was about to show some houses to a customer when I realized that I did not have my lockbox key. I looked for it in vain. Now I was telling myself that I WILL BE LATE!! My next move was to borrow Patrick's lockbox who I estimated was 20 minutes away. All the time I was telling myself: YOU ARE LATE!!! (IT WAS ALREADY 3:00 PM which was our appointed time with the customer). That incessant self-talk of 'YOU ARE LATE' MADE ME SPEED AND GET THE TICKET. All of these was in addition to all the stress that I was already putting on myself. Next time I will try very hard to catch myself talking to me like so.

No comments: