Saturday, August 06, 2005

EMPTYNESTERS
My son Carlo moved into his NY apartment last week and now it's just my wife and I living in the house. I have this mixed feeling of being happy that my children are now on their own and trying to be independent but still being concerned about small things like : Are they eating the right foods, having enough exercise and rest, etc. I read a book that said that my children are just "guests" who were always our equal even when they were still young and that they were the ones who PICKED OUT THEIR PARENTS. If this were true, then that is probably why I learned so much from them, even when they were still young. Also, Lily and I agreed that we shall never push them out of the house no matter how long it takes which is how one would treat a guest.

No comments: